Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Amanda's Training Philosophy

Surprisingly, my training philosophy doesn't vary as much as my food choices do! I love lifting heavy; this will probably never change. I love building muscle.

Therefore, I stay either with 8-10 reps or pyramids of 10-8-6, increasing the load. Currently I train at my university gym between classes. This affords me only 55 minutes, so I go hard and intense, constantly revolving between muscle groups or doing abs or plyometric drills between lifts. When I am unable to attend a gym session, I do an Insanity workout at home after dinner.

Daily, I like to live active with my two kids and husband. On the weekends, or days off from class, I like to put my 20-pound baby in a pack and hike the beach or in the forest. We also go to the park where the kids can play and I can run stairs up the big hillside.

Also, you'd be surprised at how many calories you can burn by spending a day at the zoo or in a museum!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Template by : kendhin x-template.blogspot.com